Maryland Condominium and HOA Lawyer Advises Residents and Associations
Columbia law firm assists condominium and HOA communities with compliance and dispute resolution
At The Totten Law Firm in Columbia, I represent condominium associations, homeowners associations (HOAs) and individual property owners in any matters related to covenant enforcement and compliance, dues collection and membership interests. From general legal advice on community governance to assistance with dispute resolution, I offer a comprehensive range of services in representing communities and unit owners. As a practitioner who is deeply familiar with the legal and practical considerations unique to condominiums and HOA communities, I bring clients innovative solutions designed to achieve positive results.
Real estate attorney gives straightforward legal advice for condominiums and HOAs
I provide clients with valuable legal counsel regarding the governance and day-to-day operations of condominiums and HOAs, including advice about state and local statutes and regulations. My firm offers legal services related to:
- Covenant enforcement — I help boards take appropriate and effective measures to ensure unit owners’ compliance with community covenants and to implement remedies for violations.
- Dues collection — I provide counsel on dealing with arrears in dues collection, whether these result from financial hardships or protests of association policies.
- Membership interests — I assist boards in resolving complaints by unit owners about association actions, conditions and rules in order to prevent them from escalating into major disputes.
Whether you are interested in clarifying governing duties or minimizing liability, I can help you make informed decisions for the benefit of the community.
Legal counsel provides effective representation for unit owners
In condominiums and HOA communities, unit owners can come into conflict with management on many issues. My services in this area include representing owners regarding:
- Rules and enforcement — I defend owners against wrongful penalties and pursue claims against associations for breaches of regulations and bylaws. Whether the issue is a disagreement about rule interpretation or the association’s failure to correctly follow enforcement procedures, I raise all available legal remedies and defenses.
- Premises conditions — I counsel unit owners on bringing grievances when associations fail to maintain safe conditions in common areas, whether due to financial decisions or to negligence. I also defend unit owners charged with creating nuisances or failing to maintain their premises.
- Financial impropriety — I provide representation on unit owners’ challenges to the legality of actions taken by boards as to management of property and finances, including allegations of misfeasance, self-dealing or other misconduct by individual board members.
Having represented interests on either side of condo and HOA disputes, I have the experience and ability to address unit owners’ problems efficiently, whether through dispute resolution methods or litigation, if necessary.
Discuss your concerns with a Maryland condominium and HOA attorney today
The Totten Law Firm assists condo associations, HOAs and community residents throughout Maryland with all aspects of governance, enforcement and compliance. Call 410-690-3493 or contact me online to schedule an initial consultation at my Columbia office.